Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. today announced the full lineup for its World Safety Summit on Autonomous Technology to address safety issues and public concern regarding autonomous vehicles (AV). The October 2 event, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., brings together business, government, public safety and community leaders to explore the use of AV technology in a global effort to increase roadway safety.
Keynotes from three industry experts will be part of the day’s events:
- Chris Urmson, Co-founder and CEO, Aurora
- Mark R. Rosekind, Ph.D., Chief Safety Innovation Officer, Zoox
- Dr. Larry Burns, former corporate vice president of research, development and planning at General Motors; author, Autonomy: The Quest to Build the Driverless Car—And How It Will Reshape Our World
“We are thrilled to host our Second World Safety Summit on Autonomous Technology, which provides participants with a forum for frank discussions about the direction of autonomous vehicles,” said Marta Hall, president and chief business development officer, Velodyne Lidar. “The Safety Summit aims to increase understanding of the safety benefits that can be achieved with autonomous vehicles.”
The Summit features seven expert panel sessions that explore ways to educate the public about autonomous technology in an effort to boost knowledge, address concerns and clarify issues. Moderators and panelists include experts from Baidu, AutonomouStuff, Aurora, Zoox, AUVSI Silicon Valley, SAE International, PAVE Coalition, Center for Automotive Research, Princeton Autonomous Vehicle Engineering, IIHS, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and Velodyne Lidar. You can access the complete agenda here. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Among the other activities and events taking place during the summit:
- Live autonomous vehicle rides in an AutonomouStuff AV and Schaeffler-Paravan’s drive-by-wire experience
- Take a ride-a-long in a Velodyne lidar-equipped vehicle
- Check out an autonomous street sweeper from Idriverplus
- Hear from experts and visit informational displays and booths hosted by organizations including ANSYS, C_TEC, Argo AI, AARP, California Highway Patrol, ThorDrive, Renovo, Voyage, Local Motors, Cruise, Intel Corporation, Ford Motor Company, Contra Costa Transportation Authority, Insurance Institute of Highway Safety